An essential step to being approved for an Egypt eVisa is providing an identifying photo of yourself. There are numerous specified requirements that must be followed in order to do this.
The following guide explains precisely how applicants should capture a photo that fits the correct specifications. It also details the Egypt visa passport photo size criteria that prospective visitors will need to understand before taking and submitting their application.
How The Photo Must Appear When Submitted
Applicants for an Egyptian eVisa are required to submit TWO passport photos when they complete the online Egypt eVisa application form. These are used to help identify the traveler on arrival in addition to their passport or other identifying documents.
This is a crucial step to ensure that visitors to the country don’t misrepresent their identity and that the correct authorized individuals are admitted entry into Egypt. It is also critical to keeping the country safe from terrorist activity and security threats.
Both photos that tourists submit must adhere to the following requirements:
- It must show the full face of the applicant so that you can be readily identified
- The photo must be recent and have been taken within the last 6 months
- It must be taken against a white background
- The photo may be in color or black and white
- It is recommended to remove eye-glasses
- Applicants mustn’t wear sunglasses, jewelry or other items that could obscure their face
- Hats and head coverings must be removed in the photo unless they are worn on a daily basis for religious purposes
- Uniforms must not be worn in the photo
Egypt Visa Photo Size Requirements
Both photos submitted must fit a standard passport format. There are two distinct Egyptian tourist visa photo sizes that may be used. These are:
- 1.57-inches x 2.36-inches (40mm x 60mm)
- 2-inches x 2-inches (51mm x 51mm)
To successfully meet the Egypt visa photo requirements for a 1.57”x 2.36” image submission, the facial area between the top of the head to the bottom of the chin shouldn’t take up more than 1.49-inches. Furthermore, the distance between the top of the applicant’s head and the top of the photo shouldn’t exceed more than 0.23-inches.
Alternatively, in the case of the square 2”x 2” photo, the area from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin of the applicant’s face must occupy no more 1.29-inches of the photo’s area. Additionally, the distance between the bottom of the photo and the person’s eye line mustn’t exceed 1.18-inches.
In addition to the physical size of the photo, the resolution of photos also follows strict criteria. In the case of both the square and rectangular photo sizes listed above the resolution must not fall below 300 dpi.
Other Important Considerations for Applicants
In addition to following the correct photo criteria, applicants should also remember to carefully stick to the other key visa requirements necessary to be granted an eVisa. These stipulations include:
- Having more than 6 months of validity remaining on the applicant’s passport
- Being a citizen of a country eligible for the eVisa program
- Submitting an error-free application
- Prompt payment of the application fees
Failure to follow these requirements can lead to a delay in application processing or outright rejection. Therefore it is essential to ensure that these rules are followed.
In addition to these necessities, it is important to remember that approved eVisas must be printed and presented to border crossing agents on arrival. This should be kept by the applicant for the duration of their trip to Egypt.
By following the steps above, applicants can enjoy a smooth experience throughout the registration of an eVisa with no delays in processing. Most requests for Egyptian visas can be fully fulfilled in under 7 days as long as the visa photo requirements for Egypt are followed properly. This is, therefore, an essential step to getting ready to travel to the country.Apply for eVisa